The Houston chapter of Krio Descendants Union was launched in March 16, 2013 with 18 members. Libation was poured by Mrs. Lucia Mason. The organization voted for a motto “Together we will make a difference”. The purpose and mission of Krio Descendent Union Houston is to reconnect with, and enhance the cultural heritage of the Krios of Sierra Leone through reflection, education, advocacy and positive deeds for sustainable development.
The entity was registered with the State of Texas under the name “Krio Descendants Union of Houston, Texas, Inc”. The KDU Houston, Texas shall be a non-
1. Conduct seminars/workshops to enrich our members and their offspring in Krio history and culture.
2. Conduct social, cultural, and educational functions, to enhance the fulfillment of the Association's goals and aspirations.
3. Develop and implement economic programs to improve the welfare of identified and approved groups in the Diaspora, through the establishment of economic entities to empower the Krio community in business engagement.
4. Conduct activities that will provide funding for educational, health and other identified programs, approved by the Union, directed at deserving individuals and groups in Sierra Leone.
5. Embark on activities that will re-
6. Cooperate with other KDU chapters in the Diaspora to promote the ideals and good intentions of the Union.
Membership in this organization shall be open to all persons of Creole descent who wish to participate in the fulfillment of the aspirations of the Union.